Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Juno and Love

The first movie Micah and I saw together in a theater was Juno. Something unexplainable happened while we were watching it and created a special bond between the two of us and the movie.

When we first saw the movie we were the kind of in love that involved butterflies and giddy hand holding. Our eyes were tired from late night talks and our faces were tired from constantly smiling.

It has been about 2 years since we saw Juno in the theater and Micah put it on in the background as we settled in from our trip to Nashville today. (Spoiler alert) When the scene where Vanessa meets her son for the first time was on the screen, Micah said, "I always get teary at this part." I answered with a sob in my throat, "Me too."

It was then that he got up from the computer to come sit next to me as we watched the last 10 minutes of the movie squeezed onto our couch with his arm around me. The experience was very different than the first time we saw it in the theater.

Life has become wonderfully comfortable. The butterflies have been replaced with a deep love ingrained into every fiber in my body. I am starting to understand the term "one flesh."

I still have the butterflies from time to time . . . when Micah comes in from a long day at work . . . when I see him singing to Campbell . . . experiencing the love and devotion he has for his family . . . but our love has grown since the theater two years ago.

This life is pretty wonderful.

peace.

No comments: