Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simplification

So, the Lent resolution to live a more simple lifestyle is a lot harder than I anticipated. I figured we would just stop eating out, spend less money, and get rid of stuff. But....life doesn't always go like planned.

What we've learned is that before we can simplify our lives by communicating more and supporting each other.

February was a HARD month for me...my antidepressants didn't seem to be working and Micah seemed to be needing more support in regards to micahbellphotography. I wanted so badly to be a great and supporting wife that I didn't know how to tell Micah what I needed. Plus I made a few financial missteps along the way, which is hard on some of our financial goals.

So far we've made one positive step on the path to simplicity. For the past 4 of 5 days we've gotten up early to get housework done. It's been amazing to start the day together and know that our evenings are free to play with Campbell, spend time together, and give Micah complete freedom to do whatever needs to be done for the photography business.

So, while it doesn't look at all like I thought it would, we are on our way!

peace.

PS Campbell has started doing some really fun things recently, you can check them out at Dear Campbell,.

No comments: