Sunday, October 5, 2008

just because I feel like it...

Micah is currently gone. Not a forever kind of gone, but just for a few hours kind of gone. We rarely have these moments without him being at work. So it feels kind of odd to know he isn't at work while I type this. Instead he is off living the dream and taking pictures of a band for upcoming promotional materials. Or something like that. All I know is that my friend Erin is a really stinking great musician. And she loves Jesus. And her music isn't hokey. (At least what I have heard.)

So, I'm home right now. I feel pretty icky on lots of levels. There is the physical level of having some kind of cold or allergies or combination. There is an emotional level of processing the anxiety I have been feeling as of late. And then there is exhaustion which comes from the combining of both.

Micah and I just celebrated our 9 months of being together and today marks 3 months of being married. We were traveling to an Indiana reception for the the Fingers last night with some old college folk when they asked us how we met and such. And right now, I'm procrastinating cleaning the floors and going to Target, so I thought I would just share a bit.

Micah was my first dance ever, and I was his, back in the 7th grade. Good ol' 1994. True to middle school, we didn't talk much afterwards...even though we were both band geeks and involved in all those fun activities together for the next 6 years. In high school, I always noticed his variety in hair color and he always noticed that I talked a ton. He also thought I was super cute. :)

We didn't talk at all after he graduated in 1999.

Last November he "friended" me on facebook. I noticed he was a libertarian, so I made a comment about it. Being excited, he thought I was one as well, but didn't lose hope on me when he discovered that I am strong encourager of the redistribution of wealth and aiding foreign nations.

We saw each other for the first time December 23, 2008. We talked until 6 a.m., went to church the next night, drove around town looking at Christmas lights, and hung out until 4 a.m. We then had a big discussion via online and the phone about our life's expectations, God, finances, and adoption. We discovered we were compatible, hung out for New Year's, started dating and met each other's parents the next day, and then got engaged on February 15th. (It is important to Micah that we didn't get engaged on Valentine's day.)

While it feels like we have known each other our whole life and is so clear that this is ordained by God, we are continuously reminded that we don't know each other completely.

But we are excited to get to know each other in the days to come.

peace.

1 comment:

Jamie Hergott said...

I relate to this post. I love these kinds of stories. :)