Friday, February 27, 2009

With the hopes this will be funny later...

I am writing this with the hopes that this will be incredibly hilarious later (though Micah manages to find humor in it now and asked me this morning if it was funny yet).

Pregnancy hormones are a-ragin'. It's quite the new experience. I've never had really awful PMS or anything of the like, beyond forgetting to take birth control every now and then.

But this is something completely new, that isn't assisted by the fact I have to get up several times in the middle of the night to go the bathroom or that Inu has decided to go out between 4:45 and 6:30 every morning for the last two weeks and will persistently whine until we let her out...then she'll bark 30 minutes later at someone walking to the bus stop and, not only wake us up again, but wake the whole neighborhood before the sun rises.

EARLY Thursday morning I went on one of my many bathroom trips and took a very nice beer glass Micah and I got on our honeymoon with me. I was planning on getting water to bring back to the bedroom for the morning. In my exhausted stupor, I was not careful where I set the glass and put it on the edge of the sink. So it rolled into the sink and broke into many, many pieces.

Thursday was a tough day at school and I forgot about the glass incident. I got home around 6 from work, chilled a little, and went to start dinner. I had decided that Thursday night would be the night I would prepare a steak for the first time. I was all excited to follow the directions I got from the "meat market" and make Micah a nice dinner, to be ready when he got home from work.

Well, the steak didn't cook, so Micah had to do some work on it. Then I put it under the broiler to finish cooking it and it caught on fire...

It was still very tasty, but wasn't done medium-well (as you must have when pregnant) so AFTER I ate it, I started to cry because I was afraid I hurt Miss Bell. Then I remembered about the broken glass and confessed it to Micah...then I started to look around the house and realized I hadn't folded laundry, done the dishes, etc. etc. etc., for days. I started to feel like a failure of a wife, so I started crying more...

In a last ditch effort to be a good wife, I decided I would put the dogs out for the night. Elmer went out with no problem. He barked after 2o minutes so I went to get him. BUT on the way into the house, he paused for just a nanosecond at the door before I opened it then bolted off the porch.

I got all the way into the house before I realized that I had failed at my final task of the night and burst into tears.

peace.

3 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

aw, the joys of pregnancy hormones. Once i laughed so hard it made me gag (b/c everything did) and started sobbing, but still kind of laughing b/c i knew i was being stupid. So in my sobbing/laughing fit andrew had a panicked look on his face (aka "my wife turned crazy). FUN TIMES

carol said...

I've had lots of those moments and I totally know that it's funny I'm crying, but I ball any ways. Doug doesn't really know what to do in those moments...laught and hug me.
I couldn't deal with animals disrupting my sleep like that. You must love them.

Unknown said...

Sad but funny!