Monday, May 4, 2009

slacker

I'm a slacker. Fo' sho', my friends.

I have this gigantic portfolio thing due Friday and I haven't really started it yet.

The trash cans are down by the street and I'm perfectly capable of pulling them up the driveway, but didn't really feel like it.

I did have the dishes, then put the rest in "to soak" 24 hours ago and they are still there.

I pulled all the clean clothes out of two laundry baskets (3 loads) and piled them on the bed this morning to find a pair of undies that fit to wear today. There is no body part that is going unchanged as Miss Bell (and my bum) grow. I was tired after work today, so I just pushed all 3 loads of clothes over to Micah's side of the bed so I had room to rest.

And it's been over a week since our last doctor's appointment and I have yet to really share any of this information.

Miss Bell has been continuously measuring 2 weeks ahead. I am unsure if 1) she is actually 31 weeks developed and not 29 like we though, 2) the insulation on my belly is causing an extra inch or two in the tape measure, or 3) she is just hugemongous. It's anybody's guess. Though the weight I've gained has me leaning towards option 2.

And I do have to say that it does not make me feel any better when the custodian at work touches my stomach and says, "Shouldn't your stomach be harder than this? I'm worried because it's still pretty soft."

The only thing that keeps me hanging on to hope is that 25% of pregnancy weight gain is liquids. Which I can testify to, being that I get up every 1-2 hours to go to the bathroom in the night. In fact a new record was accomplished last night. I got up 7 times between 11 and 5:30. And even then, I went to the bathroom twice more between 7 and 8.

Who knew going to the bathroom and weight gain could be so interesting? :)

In other news, Micah-my stud of a husband-put together a porch swing yesterday. My only question is to how long the neighbors will be able to tolerate us looking lovingly into each other's eyes and kissing...I'm pretty sure if someone based a reality TV around us, most people would vomit after about 5 minutes...and keep vomiting until I had an emotional outburst about breaking dishes.

peace.

1 comment:

Erin said...

If your neighbors want to vomit, let 'em vomit! I think it's great that you have a porch swing to sit on with your husband and be disgustingly mushy - I'd do the same thing!

I hope things are going (relatively) well with your pregnancy. You're going to be an amazing mom!