Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stories from the Field

Today I said "freaking" in front of a class. As in, "You have got to be freaking kidding me!" It was the only thing that could possibly fit a situation in which a group of 11-13 year old students had no concept of following procedure that had been set since last August.

Also, I had a class of kindergarten students get in trouble today for meditating loudly during instruction time. How do I call their parents? What should I say to let their parents know what happened?

Yes Ms. Smith, I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to let you know the Jeremy wrote me an apology today for meditating during class. It was very disruptive and caused us to stop our activity before we could get back on task.

peace.

1 comment:

Stumbling while running said...

oh man, carter, how i feel your pain. i had a 4th grader today that was incredibly defiant to me and as we were walking back from being outside and another 4th grader girl was trying to have a conversation to me (which I could not even focus on b/c of the boy) I said under my breath "oh, he's going to get it." After I said it I was like crap I just said that outloud. oh the joys of teaching. :)