Sunday, March 29, 2009

Heartburn, amongst other happenings

At 3 AM last night, I awoke with this feeling like acid was eating my brain. Micah and I were having a relatively snuggly moment in sleeping, so I woke him up by saying, "Honey, I hate to say this, but your squeezing me and it's giving me heartburn." When he let go of me, the heartburn didn't get any better. So at 3 AM my narcoleptic husband went out to find TUMS.

Praise God for a wonderful and caring husband.

At 20 weeks, I was stoked because all of the sudden the cloud lifted...I felt pretty decent! At 23 weeks, I started having trouble getting comfortable while sleeping...and now at 24 weeks I have heartburn. TUMS, other than Jesus and Micah, you sustain me.

The blessing in all of this is that March SUCKED. Micah's biggest client at work is the NCAA and their big project is the Final Four. Micah has lovingly referred to March as March Sadness. It was a rough month between his work and my super huge school program (which went off without a memorable hitch).

So, I'm exhausted and Micah is too...though he has another week of craziness to endure while I am on spring break and am FINALLY going to finish thank you cards.

In the midst of all of this, I am thankful that my three-four weeks of being on the up and up were during March-the least forgiving month of the year in the Bell household.

And I am super thankful for spring break!

peace.

1 comment:

Lindsey Roth Culli said...

Dude... one word: Zantac.
Seriously, I would DIE if it weren't for Zantac. Tums worked for a while... but Zantac is the real deal.