Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What I've been hearing lately...

...is that I look great! It's really wonderful, because I feel pretty great. And I had the realization that my house church (many of whom I met last April/March) haven't ever seen me doing well. I started going shortly before Micah and I got married, which equates wedding stress. Then we had the period of adjusting to being married...then I miscarried...and then I got pregnant and it "stuck." So it's been a while since anyone has seen me be outwardly joyful and playful. I look forward to that sticking for a little while...even if I do feel like a bit of a whale.

Now, I am not someone who has particularly enjoyed being pregnant. Even when Miss Bell is doing gymnastics, I think to myself, "This feels interesting." Not that I love to feel her move...and she moves A LOT. But there is one thing that I do love about being pregnant.

It is an open forum for discussing weight gain. And, for most, it is completely acceptable to start a conversation, "When I was pregnant I gained 47 pounds!"

Well, I was doing so well on the weight gain deal. For about a month I actually lost a few pounds, which is no danger for my healthy and padded body. But one day I got hungry...and I ate a box of Velveeta shells and cheese for lunch and followed it up with a half pan of brownies. Then I ate some toast...and followed it up with a box of TJ's Pad Thai and a bag of edamame. And that's how three days went...no matter how much I ate, I had gnawing hunger. And I gained 4 pounds in 3 days.

So I went from gaining 12 pounds at 19 weeks to gaining 19 pounds at 25 weeks. And all I want to eat is chocolate. And luckily I have a husband who loves our child (and me) enough to know that I cannot live off of chocolate alone.

peace.

1 comment:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

is it bad that all I ever want is chocolate and im not pregnant?:)