Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The big ONE!

Campbell is one month today!

The last month has brought forth the following:

*comparisons of labor to terrorism (ask Micah)
*an amazingly speedy recovery from giving birth
*Carter losing 30 pounds (still have 20 to go, 35 'til my goal weight) and Micah gaining 5 (the hospital food was amazing)!
*suspecting colic
*the screaming going from up to 11 hours a day to just a few instances per day in the period of 2 weeks
*odd feelings when driving a car
*odd feelings when driving a car without a car seat
*only almost forgetting to bring her with me once
*realizing that school has started and that I'm not there
*many annoyances from the dogs (anyone want Elmer?)
*lots of cuddling
*lots of laughing at our very noisy when eating, burping, or stinkering little girl
*lots of relearning to be husband and wife with a little baby

Seriously, though, I don't think I ever realized how hard it would be to be both a wife and a mother. I strongly believe that God calls mothers to first be a wife, that in the pyramid of family God is first, spouses are second, and children are third. And it's hard. It's hard to not become overwhelmed by both the good and challenge of Campbell. Micah was, is, and will always be first...as I stagger in trying to figure out how to maintain that I often forget that is God's intention and it is He who will make it a reality. I just happen to be blessed by a wonderful, patient, and understanding husband in the process.

Also, I never realized how much I adore my job...and while I am treasuring my time with Campbell, I miss the children and miss teaching music. It is eye opening as to how blessed we are as a couple...it's a very challenging fairy tale life I am abundantly blessed to live.

peace.

2 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

Reading about your adventures totally takes me back to my first months with Eli! So glad to hear you are keeping your priorities straight, in your head if nothing else! Its a very hard balance :)

Suellen said...

I think it's really hard to be a good mother and a good partner. Figuring out the balance is really rough. We're still working through it. (Oh and the kids miss you too!) :)