Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh! What a day it has been!

We all know that Campbell is a fussy, fussy baby. And we all know that she is loved dearly by anyone who meets her. Yesterday I had my first experience of inconsolable crying in public while at the library (of all places). Today I had my second experience.

She woke up upset this morning and the past week or so, her crying has made it difficult for her to eat. So after struggling to feed her, I thought a car ride/trip to Target to get "Gripe Water" may be the best thing to do for her.

I was wrong. She screamed in Target for 20 minutes. She only stopped when I took her out of her car seat. I held her while pushing a cart with my hips. As soon as I put her back in the car seat she started up again. I was then approached by no less than 4 people and got evil glares from one more.

She stayed up through two more feedings. When she fell asleep, I decided to nap. While laying down, I touched my ear and found a brown, hairy SPIDER in it! I couldn't take a nap after that (and am still a bit fearful the spider laid eggs in my ear), so I decided to eat lunch. On the way to the kitchen, I checked the mailbox.

In doing this I learned that if I don't close the door fully Elmer can open it. So he took off, Inu followed shortly after.

By this time it had been 3 hours since Campbell had eaten and she was sleeping. So I woke her up, resulting in more crying, put her in the Baby Bjorn, and started trekking through the neighborhood. Elmer ran ahead of me the entire time, but I couldn't find Inu.

I came back to the house, fed Campbell, put her in the car seat, and took off to find Inu again. I drove around for 20 minutes and was taking a pass by the house when I saw her sitting on the front porch. She was disgusting. She still is disgusting.

It's been a day. I'm exhausted.

peace.

2 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

ugh sounded like a bad day! so sorry to hear abt the crying, Noura was really fussy and had colic at first and was rough! cant wait to meet her tomorrow

side of fries said...

Hey girl! It's never a boring day at the Bell house, eh? Hey, I'd love to get together. I can bring the kids over for an hour or so one morning, if that works for you. I would love the chance to hold that little baby girl!!!