Monday, August 10, 2009

a stubborn girl

Campbell is one of the most willful people I have ever met. It makes sense being that she is from Micah and me and we are both stuck in our ways, to put it nicely. (As a side note, we have learned how to be married and stubborn...and are still working through the kinks.)

Last night she woke up around 3:45 to eat. We got back to bed around 4:10. I like to listen to make sure she is settled in before I succumb to the waves of exhaustion calling me back to sleep. I had to work hard to stay up while she got settled last night because the process wasn't complete until around 4:45.

You see, Campbell is particular about where her feet point when she sleeps. And if I'm not paying close attention I will lay her length wise in the bassinet, even though she likes to sleep width wise.

She spent 35 minutes last night turning herself a quarter turn before we both had permission to welcome the sleep that was gently calling our names.

peace.

No comments: