Sunday, April 19, 2009

And yet another story from the battle...

When Micah and I watch movies we sometimes push the couches in the living room together so we can hold hands while still having some space. Today I thought it would be really funny to climb my big belly on top of Micah before rolling over to my designated chillaxing spot on the loveseat.

My plan majorly backfired.

I am not graceful to begin with...Micah has this really great story from when we were first dating and I rolled off the couch and fell flat on the floor without trying to buffer the fall at all.

So I crawled onto Micah, put myself flat on top of him, and started to roll to my couch-but my knee someone went between the couches. This caused the couches to separate from each other and I fell on my left ankle with my right knee. The right knee slid off the ankle and crashed into the floor.

If that wasn't enough, I thought it was pretty funny. But in the process of getting off the floor I kneed Elmer right in the face, which I didn't find entertaining. So I started crying, hard, while still laughing about the fall. My mixed emotions got the better of me and after a few moments I could no longer breathe.

It was awful.

And now I'm just tired, but deeply in love with my wonderful husband who manages to love me and recognize that I'm not completely crazy. There are reasons to stick this out...you know, small things like a fabulous house in the 'hood and large things like our daughter who will be here in 3 months!

On a side note, we had a wonderful weekend. We went to Bloomington for a few days and nights, enjoyed some time together, and came home yesterday. It was amazing to get away and just "be" together.

Yesterday we registered at Target. And it is nice to have that done as well. :)

peace.

No comments: