Sunday, July 5, 2009

fresh air

So, I've been stumbling through week 37 of pregnancy. My mother had both my brother and me in week 37. My grandma Shepherd had 18 kids (pretty sure they were all born at home as well), so she was pretty experienced in the birthing department as well. I figured/hoped I would be that lucky, to skip a few weeks of pregnancy and have it be easy.

And it might still be...but I'm tired of the wait. I think I would have been OK if our very conservative doctor would not have given my husband a playful nudge on the arm as he left the office last Monday and told him that he "better get ready."

I didn't mean anything against anyone in the last post. Micah and I have invited any reader of this blog, our family, our friends, and the entire facebook community into week 37 of being pregnant. But what that means is that people want to know what is going on, a very humbling and loving situation. And I am so excited and cheerful that people desire to be involved. It makes me feel very loved and cared for.

But it sucks when I don't have any news to give anyone.

-------------FRESH AIR---------------------------------

Today at church I was talking to a friend I initiated a gathering with over a month ago, but that gathering still hasn't happened. I apologized to her and caught her up to date on our appointment last Monday. I told her that I had been really careful all week about scheduling things because I am afraid of being out of the house if I do go into labor. And I finished up my monologue with how frustrating it is to take all these precautions and still have nothing happen.

She then provided me with a breath of fresh air. It was simple, but perfect.

Di told me that my body is getting ready to have a baby and the further along I progress without going into labor just indicates that labor will, most likely, be easier and shorter because I will be that much closer to being fully dilated when Miss Bell decides to grace us with her presence.

And it brought peace and comfort to my soul.

Though I still convinced Micah to go for a brisk walk with me this evening. He lovingly obliged, and after the dogs had done their duty, really enjoyed our trek into Broad Ripple.

It was a great way to celebrate our currently family on our one year anniversary.

peace&love.

No comments: