Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Beautiful Girls


Where to begin? It has been a crazy year and a half. You know what they say, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage."

It rocks.

I've never felt as blessed as I do right now. Carter and Campbell are both snoozing after their morning feeding and I'm left to the peace and quiet of picking up the house. I love every minute of it. I love doing their laundry, I love making them breakfast, and I love sweeping the floor. Right after Campbell was delivered Carter said the look on my face was unforgettable. That perhaps God had created me for only two reasons. To be a husband and a father. I can only hope that is true, because I feel completely fulfilled in this.

I was just sweeping the kitchen floor and thinking about how much of a Rock Star Carter was during the entire labor and delivery process. I've never been as proud of anyone as I was of my wife on Saturday and Sunday. When I think about it I begin to weep with love and thankfulness for what God has provided to me. I am rich beyond measure. I stood in the kitchen and just began to praise God for all of the gifts he has given to me. I feel like having a daughter has finally allowed me to see the love of God the Father. All encompassing, all loving. We are never out of his mind or his heart and I know that know. I might have believed it before, but today for me it is Truth.

My daughter is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The way she sleeps, cries, snorts....I could go on and on and on. I'm crying again. =)


I'm thinking about how great our families have been and how wonderful our community is. All I can do is shed tears of thankfulness and joy.

Thank you all for loving us so well.

peace
micah

4 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

that made me tear up! Carter is blessed to have a husband that sees blessing in service :) God be with you all!

Annbellinski said...

You're undoubtedly a good man, and your dad and I rejoice alongside you!

Unknown said...

Very touching!

I'm so happy for you two!

btw, the song lyric is "A BABY in a baby carriage."

Can't forget the baby. Baby carriages alone are cool and all, but the baby is an essential factor. :)

Teresa said...

What a beautiful post!! Campbell is very blessed to have such a wonderful family:) We are so happy for you all you and we're here for you if you need anything at all:)