Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 38

Yesterday was our week 38 appointment...and it was about the same as the week 37. I progressed just a teensy tiny bit, but for the most part am about the same. I have been spending some time thinking about what it means to be patient and constantly come back to the "Fruit of the Spirit" song I learned in Uganda.

I definitely do not invoke the natural spirit of patience, but I feel like I am learning a bit. I remember listening to a sermon a few years ago about patience. In the sermon Tim mentioned that patience best translates into "long suffering" as it is used in Galatians. He then talked about the his greatest bout of long suffering was when his wife was pregnant and they were waiting for their son to be born.

My initial response was, c'mon it's 9 months....it's not that bad.

But, oh, have a I learned...it is that bad. But God is good. And this has been a good experience to lean on Him. So I'm just trying to take it in for all it is worth, love Micah, and enjoy our little life.

I'm just ready to be able to bed down to pick things up off the floor again, without grunting.

peace.

No comments: