Sunday, September 13, 2009

baby steps

Don't let the title of this blog mislead you...Campbell may be advanced in our eyes, but she isn't walking just yet. (Though, if she is mad, you can hold her up and she will mimic the motion of walking...it's kind of freaky but totally normal, according to the baby books Micah reads at least.)

I am taking baby steps.

We left her with a bottle with Grammie and Grampa last weekend and went on a date. We went to the outlets and bought Micah a wedding photographer outfit (he has 2 wedding in the next month!) and then we went to dinner-where the restaurant had decided to change their amazing deep-fried breadsticks to mediocre oven baked ones. Afterwards we tried to do lots of things that were closed because we were in Angola, Indiana where nothing is open past 9.

But it didn't matter, because we were by ourselves for 4 glorious hours.

And we were ready to see her again by the end of those 4 hours.

When we left the house, I kissed her and told her that mommy and daddy need to just leave and be by themselves sometimes so we can be better parents for her.

I am taking baby steps.

We left her in the nursery today at church. She may be the youngest baby to have ever be dropped off in the nursery. But Micah was ready and I was pretty ready. I only had to go check on her once. And she was asleep when I did.

While in the nursery, her friend Moses Briley scooted to her to say "hi!" We know Moses from house church. I am happy she has such a good friend at only 8 weeks old! After she and Moses interacted a bit, she fell asleep.

While Campbell was in the nursery, Micah and I had the best worship experience we've had in lots of months. It was so amazing. And as hard as it was to leave her in very capable, kind hands, it was wonderful to sit in the front row again and be engaged in worship and teaching.

I am taking baby steps.

peace.

2 comments:

Suellen said...

I had such a hard time leaving Parker the first time. You are doing well. We leave her for our first weekend in a couple weeks and I am REALLY nervous. I'm sure it will be harder for me than for her.

Annbellinski said...

Even though it's been many years, I remember the feeling well . . . a desire to go, and a desire to stay.
You're a good mom Carter.