Friday, September 25, 2009

Cars, Coffee, and Campbell

*My car may officially be retired. It's true. I'm pretty disappointed in Nissan. My 2000 Altima only had 120,000 miles on it. Seriously? When did properly maintained cars only start lasting 10 years? That's pretty pathetic. Another "Seriously?" Why do people think they can charge $2000 for cars from the '80's? Though I did find a woody wagon that hold 9 people that was pretty exciting.

*We probably won't get another car until January. Woot for the one car family! Kind of... Parts of me are excited. It's a chance to really clean and organize the house (instead of moving our mess from room to room). It's an opportunity to read the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics (laugh all you want, Joss Whedon is a genius!) that Micah got me for Christmas last year. I can hone my photography skills on our beautiful daughter. I can start the Bible study I bought and planned to do over the summer. I can bake! I can rediscover some of the parts of myself that I miss. Micah even mentioned starting to put documentaries back onto the Blockbuster queue.

*I am going to start running a FREE coffee house from our home. Not really anything fancy, but I'm excited none the less. People who come by to visit will have many choices of tea, chai, hot chocolate, and freshly pressed coffee to choose from. Plus it will be a good way to unload my baked goods and show off a clean and charming (but probably slightly disorganized) home.

*We will save a few bucks by only having one car to put gas into and pay insurance on...insurance south of 52nd St. in Indy is kind of expensive.

*Campbell has started pouting. It's hilarious. Today she would laugh and follow it up with a pout. Then I would say her name and she would look at me and smile. I don't know if she is playing or just forgets why she is pouting when I say her name, but either way it's hilarious. And a good indicator that at a mere 2 months she is learning to work the system.

*peace.

No comments: