Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life is Good

Hello All!

Micah here. It has been almost 2 months since Carter and I were married. It is hard for me to convey how fast it seems like that time has gone. It seems like only yesterday I was watching her walk down the aisle while tears of joy streamed down my face. I'm happy to report that God is continuing to bless our lives and fill us with joy.

Today has been an amazing day. We woke up early to go to church at 9. Worship was great today, the sermon was great, and we got to see our friends the Greiwe's off (they are heading back to Turkey this week). We came back to the house and I worked in the kitchen while Carter took a quick nap. What was I doing you ask?

Making homemade Meatloaf. And Corn on the cob. It was delicious. God in his infinite wisdom decided to put two amazing cooks under the same roof. Last night Carter made home made peach cobbler from scratch. Amazing.

We've been trying to buy all of our produce and food from locally grown sources. The meat came from a farm just outside of Indy. The corn was from a farm in Indiana. The peaches were from Michigan (it was either that or South Carolina). It is amazing how wholesome the food is. I feel refreshed after we get done with a meal, instead of falling into a coma like I do with fast food.

After dinner I mentioned to Carter that we should both cook one Sunday and have a few of our friends over for dinner. If you are interested drop us a line.

So that was the first half of my day. Now for the second half.

I've been blessed professionally in the last few weeks as well. Photography is my passion and tonight I will be on the field as a photographer during the first Colts pre-season game of the year. It also happens to be the first Colts game to be played in Lucas Oil Stadium

Note the emphasis on the word Colts. The first ever game played at LOS was Noblesville vs. Fishers on Friday night. I had an all access pass for that game as well and got quite a few good shots. The game was put together by the Peyback Foundation as a way to raise money for underprivileged youth. It was a very interesting/strange/exciting feeling to be standing 3 feet from Peyton as he casually strolled around the new field. It was an amazing experience and hopefully excellent practice for tonight's game.

Pictures below are from Friday's game. Stay tuned for shots from tonight.

go in peace
micah



Lucas Oil Stadium: Upper Seats

The Coin Toss



3 comments:

Annbellinski said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PHOTOS MICAH!!! God is certainly blessing you with an amazing opportunity.
Mom and Dad

Linda said...

Great photos Micah :-) The meals sound delicious. How about you and Carter moving to California and cooking for me?

Aung Linda

Jody said...

That is so awesome Micah!