Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drunkenly Staggering

So, I have decided to hold true to the name and title of this blog. While I understand that we have been rather preoccupied with events looming in the near future, the quote that inspired this blog still rings true.


I know which is the road that leads home and if I weave like a drunken man as I go down it that does not mean the road is the wrong one.
~Tolstoy

Home...this word means a great deal both Micah and I. Home for me is many things. Home is 4538 Kingsley Drive. Home is with Micah wherever we may be-in the car, making sandwiches for the Pour House, or snuggled in bed. Home is welcoming the Kingdom on earth.

So, we drunkenly weave the road that leads to the places that are our home. We weave as neighbors, as we learn to love each other more and our Father more fully, we weave in relationships, and as parents.

So, here's to stagger as we navigate, so be it...but we continue to stagger towards the cross.

No comments: