Sunday, June 28, 2009

satisfaction

I'm taking out stock in Ben and Jerry's. Specifically Chunky Monkey Ben and Jerry's.

Micah and I participate in Community Supported Agriculture. Every week we get a load of nutritious veggies and some fruits. If we aren't careful, some of the good goes to waste, so we have to plan carefully. Yesterday night we decided we wanted Pizza King pizza with salad. While out we picked up a few more things for the salad and ran to Blockbuster before getting the Pizza. As we were leaving pizza king, I sheepishly said, "You can say no, but could we run by Target so I could get some ice cream?"

Micah, in his generous and loving spirit, agreed-but only if I got him a pint of Chunky Monkey as well.

I hopped out of the car (well, hopped is a relative term) and walked quickly (faster than a snail's pace) across the store to the coveted freezer holding Ben and Jerry's. Much to my dismay, Chunky Monkey was not in its typical location.

Without a second though, I dropped to my knees on the floor, opened the freezer door, and started to root around until I found the last two pints tucked behind the Phish Food and Cherry Garcia. When I went to stand up, I realized an elderly black man had been holding my freezer door open for me the entire time.

I sheepishly smiled at him, said my thanks, and added how much I appreciated him. He gave me a knowing look and held up a box of drumsticks.

He then added, "When you want ice cream, you want ice cream!"

peace.

No comments: